Sunday, February 5, 2012

February 5, 2012

I have to admit that computer work is not my strong suit. I spent years being a legal secretary, and hating it. I guess that consequently, I find myself wanting to do ANYTHING but typing. One look at my website would back that up as the last time the it was updated was 2006! But for the last couple of weeks I have been working on it, though I have a ways to go before it's ready for "publication".

That being said, here I am again trying to keep Wilmington area beaders aware of goodies available. So here we go.

Down at A Place to Bead, Owner Sabrina has a quick trunk show hitting the store for 2 days. The first day was Saturday and I hit right before they shut down for the day. Did not catch the name of the lady selling things, but she came here straight from Tucson. Managed to pick up some absolutely sweet druzy cabs - tiny, sparkly and colorful. She had a nice selection of gemstone beads, but what really got my attention were the beautiful kyanite beads and the yummy larimar beads. She will be back there tomorrow, Monday, February 6th. If you get a chance, try to check it out. I would call first to see what hours she will be there. I've always wanted to go to Tucson for the lapidary/bead shows that are there every year at this time. If you don't know what I'm talking about, Google "Tucson Shows" and you will see why I drool just at the thought of hitting this extravaganza.

If you're looking for something new to do, next time I hope to have a list maybe of bead shows that offer wonderful bead shopping and/or classes to teach you new projects or techniques. If there is something that you know is happening in the Wilmington, NC area, just let me know and I'll try to spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment